IshZiy Ent. gaming forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IshZiy Ent. gaming forum

Any and all video games, anime, and Asian culture topics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
We are re activating the Paper RST woot woot.
New people plz make a post in the new people section.
Wondering where to go for the newest news on the forum check leons coner.
Welcome to the site relaxe and take a look around.
New anime revews will be up soon by our own animenes.
Tron the movie come out on the 17th of dec 2010 be sure to check it out.
Get your thinking caps on I will be renting a space in the librery soon so we can sit down and talk about the feauter of the forum and its games.
Rift beta part 2 is this weekend the 17th throu the 19th of dec go check it out at http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

Video game ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game ideas   Video game ideas EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:28 am

Idea #2 - Sandbox, Stealth, Thief, Zombie game

Further ideas?

I was sort of running out of ideas towards the end. My thoughts were that the con artist could become a lich if he sacrifices himself, but I'm not sure if we should tell the players that, or maybe we should. Or maybe 1000 is a bit much, probably more like 500, or 250, and maybe going that path would allow the con artist to take control of the zombies he kills. As for the very very ending, there would be two paths: you stab yourself, become a lich, wake up in a hospital morgue, and make your escape (this would probably lead to a sequel?). Or, you just try to escape the town with the dagger and all the loot you can carry. The military+national guard would have surrounded the town by now, so you escape through underground sewers (dunno how realistic that is), which would require some puzzle solving involving sneaking past living humans or zombies, or controlling zombies to make a distraction for you to escape.

I suppose a sequel would end up coming out of this too o_O The second game would have to start with a choice where you decide if you became a lich or just escaped with the dagger. Becoming a lich wouldn't be so bad, you get immortality, but you're also able to disguise your undead nature and change your appearance on a whim, so you're an even better con artist than ever and the town in the first game is clear of zombies. As an immortal, you're not so interested in money anymore, you want political power, I guess. If you go the escaped route, then you're really really rich, but you still want more money, and the town is still full of zombies. No idea how THAT game would work out though. I'm not even sure if anybody would want to work on the first game in the first place xD

I figure we give everyone else a chance first to have a game idea made before we do one of mine :O
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game ideas   Video game ideas EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:33 pm

well ill get on that when I get back to my comp lol
Back to top Go down
https://ishziyentgamingforum.forumotion.net
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game ideas   Video game ideas EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:26 am

Idea #2 - Sandbox, Stealth, Thief, Zombie game

You play a master con artist who moves into a medium sized town to begin another double (triple? quadruple?) life to con more people for more money. He has a HORRIBLE nightmare his first night staying at his new place. He dreams that some sort of apocalypse happens in the town, where houses are burning down, car are crashing into things and immediately exploding, people are dropping dead in the streets, and a few other specific things happen while he runs around outside in a panic. One of those is a disembodied, decayed head floats in the middle of his range of view, laughing maniacally, floating just barely out of reach, but no matter where he looks, the head stays there, making the player wonder if it's an illusion or something else. Then a gigantic dagger falls from the sky, stabs his house, then the town is consumed in a firey explosion. Then he wakes up, freaks out a little, calms down, and goes downstairs to get some water to calm his nerves. Everything outside looks normal, although really... really quiet. Then one way or another, he ends up in a locally owned store 'cause he's robbing it 'cause he can't find anyone around. Then he realizes someone is in the store and the person is a zombie. The zombie tries to kill him, but ultimately the con artist finds an axe and chops the guy's head off. Then the con artist realizes that the head he just chopped off is the same one that he saw in his dream. On top of that, more zombies are coming 'cause they heard the noise.

The con artist has to learn how to live in his new zombie infested town by getting food and water, all the while stealing money and expensive stuff to pawn once he finds a way to get out of there. He boards up the windows and doors of his house (except the window on the top floor, which he uses to get to the rooftops of other houses) and then only goes out at night. The point of this game is keeping quiet, sneaking around, and steathily killing zombies in quietly gruesome ways to avoid attracting attention. Dunno what incentive we could give for collecting money, powerups probably. But to keep the game from getting too repetitive, we set up points in the game where parts of the nightmare come true, semi-constantly trying to freak out the player. These events would always occur in order, no matter how many times the game is replayed. But since this is a sandbox after all, these events could occur in many different places, perhaps even some of the same places as others. That would make sure that players don't need to wander far or explore everywhere to advance the story. The con artist would keep a journal of the events (players can read his entries too), his money, supplies, and also which houses he's hit and which ones he's sure don't have anything of worth to make things easier for the player. The money status of those houses would be a display option on the map.

Now for the various ways you get to kill zombies Smile The simple axe to the head is effective enough, but there are more ways. Raid a gun shop for silenced or not silenced weaponry (if you're looking for attention). Collect a bunch of silver items, melt 'em into sterling silver, and use that as a much more effective melee weapon. We make sure the players know that making a silver weapon is a possibility. You also find grenades (where though?) and you can make molotov cocktails. Noise is also a weapon. Set a car's alarm to go off, climb up to a roof, board up the doors and windows, and set off the alarm. Watch the zombies swarm, then throw a molotov from the shadows. Zombies trapped in a house that doesn't seem to have much worth in it? Burn the house down. I guess we could have a vehicle ability too (I could easily see it attracting zombies), but would probably be best used along with a noisy distraction, but would be a pretty nice way to travel fast.

End of the story: the con artist sacks a museum, and discovers that the source of all the zombification of the town is from a ancient bone dagger in the local museum. It looks exactly like the dagger in his dream. He steals it, reads up on it, and finds out that it's rumored to do quite a few things. It's rumored to be a way for someone to achieve immortality. It turns everyone within a certain radius into zombies when its "chosen wielder" stays within that radius for one day (it's not a constant effect though, he can take the dagger out of the radius and not make more zombies). It's also rumored to kill zombies on contact, no matter how trivial the cut, and also give the zombie's soul to the wielder to allow them to live longer. What that means for the player is that this weapon is god mode. Each zombie kill restores a lot of health, and any hit from the dagger kills a zombie. You'll definently want to make a lot of noise just to kill a bunch of them. The point of killing zombies with this weapon is to collect souls. After hitting 1000 souls, the wielder becomes immortal, at least, that's what his research says. The research also says that the people can be changed back to normal, it only requires that a currently living person be sacrificed using the dagger. The chosen wielder can sacrifice himself if needed.

And that's as far as I've gotten. I'm not sure how the ending would play out, or how the dagger should really work :S But I think the main strengths of this game will be atmosphere, the game is meant to creep you out.
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game ideas   Video game ideas EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 pm

I wana play your game lol
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game ideas   Video game ideas EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:16 pm

lol I was thinking of making the mario univers in to a mmo no wait I know what your thinking. mario you for real. yes I am lol im too tiered to think at the moment lol.

oh on my game btw drew I have a tone of boss charictor Ideas lol the people in my unite like the idea of this game and wana play so im making them all make boss charictor off there personality and I haver a few on my own. this will be so much fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Video game ideas   Video game ideas EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:21 am

I dunno if this is a good idea, but I felt like making a thread about people's personal video game ideas. Not to critique them or anything, just to list 'em for fun, and maybe see what people like to see in a game. We might not be able to use all these ideas either, but meh, I'm curious what other people have in mind.

Idea #1: Christian affraid FPS/RPG
The player controls an unnamed character who must use the "Sword of the Spirit" to cleanse his soul of demons and convert other people in his soul to Christianity. Gameplay occurs on an island that is a bit smaller than the Shivering Isles on Oblivion (also more barren, meant to be a sort of African plain looking thing, but it becomes more lush as the player purifies the land), architexture consists of 1st century styles (Greece, Roman, Jewish, Egyptian?), the island is divided into five sections by a tall stone wall, but each has three exits/entrances to make travel easier. In the center of the island is a circular building, where an angel hangs out as a repsawn point.

Combat: the "Sword of the Spirit" is the name for a dagger that shoots gobs of light, exorcising demons and fending off hostile humans (the point is to convert humans not kill). The sword is empowered with bible verses, which the player selects by reading through a Bible the main character has on hand. Specific verses are chosen to be the "power" verses that players will use to fight demons (some verses affect certain demons, like "greed" demons are weak to verses that talk about greed), and a plate on the hilt of the sword will rotate and the name of the verse is inscribed on the plate. The player also gets a "shield of faith" that is used to block attacks. The player does not begin, however, with a complete Bible, the Bible used by the character is damaged in the intro movie, so he needs to track down the other pages. The sword can be used as a melee weapon against enemies that get too close. The player character's appearance also changes as they purify more areas. The PC will have fairly weak looking armor at first that doesn't seem to cover a lot (probably rusty and tarnished too), but later on the armor becomes very impressive (including a tower shield). The sword of the spirit would progress from being a dagger to a longsword.

In addition to fighting demons, the PC uses verses and conversation with other people living in the main character's soul to convert them to Christianity. As more are converted, the landscape becomes more friendly and peaceful, and the PC can ask converted NPCs to pray for them, increasing their stats or giving them insight to find more Bible pages. The PC can also pray for hints with what to do next or how to help each NPC. Each area would have a boss in a subterranian room, adding to the purity of an area, and also preventing demons from respawning (dunno about this though, I hate how Fable respawns enemies). The final boss is Satan, who can't be reached until all the bosses are defeated and a certain number of NPCs have prayed for the PC. More praying NPCs makes the fight with Satan easier. Satan's room is underneath the central building, which the angel stands aside to give the player entrance to Satan's lair. Satan takes on several different forms while shouting blasphemous stuff, requiring the player to switch verses during the fight. The game ends with a sort of Second Coming of Christ + Rapture. The saved NPCs (it's possible to save all of them, the player is also warned if they try to fight Satan without saving them all) are taken up into the sky while Jesus goes down into Satan's lair to take the PC out. Jesus quotes some inspiring verses which make a giant etheral sword appear, which lays the smack down on Satan. Jesus and the PC fly straight up off the island while Satan transforms into a giant monster, destroying the island while trying to still attack Jesus and the PC. Jesus and the PC pass through a white portal, fade to white with that ringing sound that plays in Zelda: Ocarina of Time when you leave the Chamber of Sages. The fade in to a scene with the PC character in real life, and he dies peacefully in a hospital while an unnamed oldish woman holds his hand, presumably his wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video game ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game ideas   Video game ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Video game ideas
Page 1 of 1