IshZiy Ent. gaming forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IshZiy Ent. gaming forum

Any and all video games, anime, and Asian culture topics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
We are re activating the Paper RST woot woot.
New people plz make a post in the new people section.
Wondering where to go for the newest news on the forum check leons coner.
Welcome to the site relaxe and take a look around.
New anime revews will be up soon by our own animenes.
Tron the movie come out on the 17th of dec 2010 be sure to check it out.
Get your thinking caps on I will be renting a space in the librery soon so we can sit down and talk about the feauter of the forum and its games.
Rift beta part 2 is this weekend the 17th throu the 19th of dec go check it out at http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

story line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

story line Empty
PostSubject: story line   story line EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:13 pm

I know but I need to finish somthing or we will never finish this game im teyping it up still.

oh side note if I make a mistake plz dont hesitate to tell me lol just email me
Back to top Go down
https://ishziyentgamingforum.forumotion.net
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:32 pm

time line

the opening video will explain more and this is just earths

2012 curent day: sadly the earth dosent blow up lol
in the video it will show how we progrest throu the ages.
2112:(ah the irony lol)still the planet dosent blow up boho relijous nuts lol anyways:the wide spread technology has become evedent on the planets seface
video go to mars where they are opening there first space rifts(befor this a terrorist had tampered whith the setting "hearing voices in his head told him to do this"
)so they run the program and it opens a rift to planet gozoy. but during this time the the "reapers are killing the planet" so the reapers come throu the portal.
for the next 2 years planet earth gets destroyed
2114: the shard comes out of a gozoy made portal and strikes our planet giving the remaning human race a fighting chance.
the reapers feared this thats why they where hunting them from the bigning.
the reapers leave un able to beat the humanleave to regroup.
for the next 50 years earth rebuilds.
2164:the reapers send a scout party to see how the humans have progresed.
present day in the game

I will brake this more down latter
Back to top Go down
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 pm

Mind if I post my own ideas? xD

Not a big fan of having the game take place so far into the future, I was thinking only around fifty years into the future, enough for things to be different but not big time different. My idea was so the players could be emotionally attached to the Earth we'll have in this game because they'll think "oh hey, except for the Goziy meteor and the Reapers messing things up a bit, it feels a little like home". When we start getting into like 100+ years, I think players will just go "ok it's just another sci-fi game".

Also, how about having the Reapers open the space rift instead of Earth opening it? *cough* it would fit with my idea for the timeline*cough* If the Reapers are conquering the galaxy, then they would be the ones to start opening portals because it would give them a tactical advantage and allow them to conquer more "uncivilized" worlds like Earth easier. It could also be the "final straw" for the other aliens of the galaxy. The Reapers would suddenly be way more dangerous than before, and, the other aliens could use a portal to reach the Reaper homeworld (I'm still thinking the Reaper homeworld and Goziy homeworld could be the same) and destroy it. The portals would remain open (at least for a while?) while chunks of the Goziy planet fly through them, that way, Goziy end up spread all over the galaxy extremely quickly. And, uh, I guess the Reapers attacking Earth would jump up and leave to defend their homeworld, so Earth could be liberated when the Goziy meteor hits.

Wow I talk alot ^^;
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:09 pm

yes you do. but that is good lol I was thinking that about the reapers and the goziy on the same planet lol but im still thinking on how to conect a few things. like we could say the "people living on planet ziy use to coinside whith the goziys. then natural desaster a happeen, or option b the reapers allredy esisted and the some how asimalate the soules of these people and turn them "evil" and they turn on there former freinds the goziys. to the goziys see this. and I guss we could have a moon around this planet. the goziys could see this and some how sense there plain and send shards of this moon to alot of planets of this alience. then the reaperst use the goziy the goziys to opean portals to all these planets and one of these planets is earth this can all happen whithen 20-50 years I have othere Ideas but no time lol ill ttyl
Back to top Go down
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:45 pm

My idea for how the Goziy and Reapers came about relates to how I think their planet is composed. Below the crust (according to Wikipedia, the earth's crust is 3-6 miles deep in the ocean, 20-30 miles deep on land) is a giant Goziy crystal that acts as the mantle and core of the entire planet. The Reapers evolved (I know I know I'm Christian too, but MEH, we can't really convince people that God created the Reapers so just go along with this ^_~) as any other species would, and as time went on, they became a very warlike species, to the point of mining the snot out of the planet for more materials. They eventually hit what would normally be the mantle (we can't do that on Earth because the deeper you go here, the hotter it gets) and discover a near-indestrucible crystal that can focus energy and obey a person's mental commands. On top of that, Goziy can be fused to various weapons to increase their power or create other effects.

So! The one nation that discovered the Goziy first quickly takes over the planet. They start mining Goziy, and once their incorporate Goziy into their technology, they make huge technological leaps and start colonizing planets. Then they meet other species. The Reapers have been at peace (kind of, they're a violent species anyway) for a while now (hundred years? We could call it the Hundred Years Peace, and any Reapers who talk about it consider it a tragic, pointless time in their race's history), so they start conquering the galaxy, which is easy for them because their ships have near-limitless power for shields, weapons, engines, their weapons hurt A LOT, and even if you get their shields down, the ships are MADE of Goziy, so they're incredibly resistant anyway.

The Goziy themselves could be a semi-sentient race. They obey the commands of the first person to take control of them, and they're smart enough to understand what their master wants. Dunno if they should have self-preservation... could add an interesting twist if they did, but still allowed their planet to get blown up, which would imply they're more intelligent than they appear and just want to observe how they affect the galaxy.

The Reapers could be very warlike, but we have to make sure they aren't silly "rawr I'm evil" villians that we see all the time.

A whole lot of this could be backstory. Or should be stuff that will only come up in quests, that way we will (and should) only show the essentials in stuff like the opening movie 'n such. So like at first, we could tell people that modern day Earth is attacked and enslaved by a race called the Reapers. They came to Earth by opening a portal in space nearby. Then the Reapers left in a hurry to defend their homeworld, but instead of them returning, a meteor comes back through the portal and smashes into the Earth. After so many years, people manage to get things back together and discover that the Goziy the Reapers used to enslave Earth are now available for them to use, and they can get more from the meteorite.
Back to top Go down
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

... should I just post a complete thing on my idea for the storyline? ^^; That might make things less complicated...
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 5:34 pm

yes plz cuz I have other I deas and we need to be on the same page
Back to top Go down
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:11 am

Sorry this took so long... getting stable internet has been a problem.

Anyway, starting off where I left off, the remaining humans discover they can use their own Goziy by taking out chunks of the meteorite. They are already familiar with Goziy because the Reapers would have used their own to enslave Earth. So, society worldwide begins to rebuild, using Goziy to power pretty much everything, and even allowing for new technology like mechs to be built because of how powerful the Goziy are. Also, the Goziy that the humans get from the meteorite are different from the Reaper ones. These seem to have abilities centered on elements like fire, water, (and a nature one that will be the summoning/healing/necromancy Goziy) and when combined with different tools or weapons, can have different effects. That's where the feature of allowing players to "make" their own skills will come into play. So, for a while, we would spend a lot of the game time expanding the areas the players can explore to eventually emcompass the entire Earth. We wouldn't have a 1:1 distance ratio, we can't come up with that much content. The Earth would be scaled down a bit and would only include the most important landmarks. We would also make travel very easy and accessable, I'm thinking people could surf across water with only one water Goziy, or if you have a fire and an abandoned airplane, you could fly (and of course there would be NPC services for very fast travel for long distances).

So after we've implemented the entire Earth (which may involve increasing the level cap a few times so there are enough areas to level up), the Reapers return, and to celebrate/usher in the next expansion, which would include limited space travel, we begin a month long event where the Reapers attack Earth and players defend it. After maybe a week of hunting down landing ships and doing quests for NPCs to reverse-engineer the ships, we switch to a week of parties taking off in their new ships to shoot down landing ships and attacking the mothership as a quest. This part could be a rail-gun shooter, players use their Goziy to power the ship then shoot as their ship flies throw space, then finally lands back down on Earth. After a week of that all the enemy landing ships have been destroyed, so the assault on the mothership begins. Players depart on their ships, fight their way through the mothership's defenses, then dock and do quests to sabotage the mothership. This part would include a few boss fights. Then for the last week, we have one boss fight with the ship's captain. We actually schedule the fight at the server's peak time (on the peak day) so we can have as many players as we can. We make sure to let the players know in advance when it is, because we want people to be able to put this event in their schedule and not miss it, and we don't want them to wipe. We make the captain a pretty decent boss fight, but not too hard, we want players to be able to kill him in one go. Dunno we if we want the entire server to fight him all at once, maybe set up some instances of the fight so we don't crash people or make them lag to death. After the fight, the captain hits a control panel, the mothership shudders, and then the mothership starts flying toward Earth to crash into it. The players would have no control over the ship at this point. For this part, we want to freak the players out just because it would be awesome. They could watch from the windows as they approach Earth, watch instrument panels explode, windows crack, and fiery atmosphere fly past outside as Earth gets bigger... bigger... bigger... then suddenly *BAM* they hit, and from there I'm still deciding. We could have them all appear around the wreckage of the mothership (the mothership would crash into a relatively useless field map that we could set up way in advance sometime) or maybe have them all respawn without penalties, as if they had died, but I think I lean more towards having them just appear like they had been thrown from the wreckage. Then after a period of time (maybe a week?) we add the space travel expansion.

From there (not 100% sure how much freedom players will be allowed in space) players get to explore the solar system and eventually other solar systems, nebulae, discover new kinds of Goziy on other planets, and meet alien races. When we start adding aliens, a nice storyline thing we could add is, now that the Reapers are mostly out of comission (they still have scattered secret bases where they mine Goziy from meteorites), the big alien alliance is hunting down which planets have Goziy to 1)Prevent Reapers from harvesting them 2)Prevent other races from using them. So of course, they failed to stop humans from using Goziy, so the aliens are very cautious around humans. They don't want to kill us because we did nothing wrong, if anything, we may be a powerful ally because we fought off the Reapers using Goziy. But, they're afraid we may try to conquer the galaxy like the Reapers. We could also implement an "evil" faction here that players could join. After gaining a certain amount of infamy (killing players, attacking alien ships and planets) they are contacted by the Reapers, and are given a quest to prove their loyalty. After the quest is completed, that player becomes a 24/7 PvP target to non-evil players, and is attack on sight by "friendly" aliens. But, they are allowed full access to Reaper bases, quests and leveling areas, including (maybe) certain Goziy and equipment that only "evil" players can have access to.

Not sure how spaceflight will work... personally I lean more towards Freelancer's way of doing things. I saw some Eve Online videos on youtube, and the fighting seems ok (couldn't find any big fights) but mostly just *pew pew pew*. Although in Freelancer, most of the fighting was done with fighters instead of larger ships. And since this is an RPG, I think we should have a character's skills and choice of Goziy affect how their ship performs, i.e. a 100% nature Goziy person could repair other ships or summon space monsters (yes, space monsters xD) to help him fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

story line Empty
PostSubject: Re: story line   story line Empty

Back to top Go down

story line
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IshZiy Ent. gaming forum :: Project Goziy :: Game News-
Jump to: