IshZiy Ent. gaming forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IshZiy Ent. gaming forum

Any and all video games, anime, and Asian culture topics

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
We are re activating the Paper RST woot woot.
New people plz make a post in the new people section.
Wondering where to go for the newest news on the forum check leons coner.
Welcome to the site relaxe and take a look around.
New anime revews will be up soon by our own animenes.
Tron the movie come out on the 17th of dec 2010 be sure to check it out.
Get your thinking caps on I will be renting a space in the librery soon so we can sit down and talk about the feauter of the forum and its games.
Rift beta part 2 is this weekend the 17th throu the 19th of dec go check it out at http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer Empty
PostSubject: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer   Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 am

Pretty nice and pretty sweet. In this campaign, you go epic. That's right, it's past level 20 and you stop at level 30. That does mean that spell casters don't learn any new spells, but they get more spells per day if you keep upping their important spell stat (i.e. wisdom for clerics, intelligence for wizards). There are epic level spells, but you have to take them as feats and you can only use them once per day. BUT, they tend to be extremely powerful. I had three characters with some kind of vampire drain AoE, and when all three of them used it at the same time, they could completely wipe a room and anything left alive was hurt bad.

I do have complaints, as always ^_^; You get four premade characters to join your group, but, you can only bring three with you wherever you go, which can be annoying. Thankfully, you get a cleric and a shaman (basically a druid) early on so healing isn't much of a problem, but having a tank is a problem. Okku, a god of bears who joins your group, is an amazing tank, but some fights are so difficult that without him you'll get wiped in seconds. That's one slot, choose either healer, and then the wizard, and that's your group. I'm considering finding a mod that lets me keep everyone at once, I see no reason for the group limit.

Enchanting and forging is still a bit of an annoyance, but not as bad as before. Instead of scrounging around for the right gem, reagent, and spell, you just need a "brillant" essence and the spell, and essences are drops off "spirit" monsters like elementals and shadows. Finding the right spell is still problemactic though. The characters who join your group are level 18+, meaning most of their spells are already chosen. Having the right spell also means changing spells in a character's spellbook, resting, enchanting, changing spells again, and resting again, but it's dangerous to rest often in MoTB. Your main character is a spirit-eater, and the longer he goes without eating spirits, the more damaged his abilities become and the closer you come to instant death and game over. Finding spirits is not always easy, and when you find them, they're usually when you don't need them. There's also a spirit addiction level. If you're past 50% hunger and you eat a spirit, you gain addiction, which increases the rate that hunger returns. And if you fall below 50% hunger, you start taking ability damage. Thankfully, there's a "fail-safe" ability that lets you spend 25% exp of your next level to fill your hunger up, but that can't be used until you hit 5% hunger. By that point, your abilities are trashed (and if you're a caster, you've lost some of your spell slots, which means you have to fill them in again later) and you're taking damage every minute or so. So yeah, the "spirit eater" mechanic is quite annoying. Probably meant to be that way, but it really gets in the way of enchanting.

Besides those annoyances, it is a pretty good game. The story is great, it has so many reversals that once everything was fully revealed my head started spinning xD The campaign felt a little short, but it's ok that way I think. Less crazy dungeon crawling in this one. Resting isn't as easy as before, some areas have a chance for a random encounter if you try to rest to regain spells and heal. Once again, wouldn't be so bad if the spirit eater mechanic wasn't so brutal. A good game though Smile Although I want to recommend playing the first campaign before this one... the first one had (and still does have) various technical issues, even quest-breaking ones. This one doesn't have that problem (although I did get one spirit essence that I never could use for anything... that's also a glitch, the quest was never finished in the game) as much.
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer   Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:00 am

how dose the game look befor I go buy it?
Back to top Go down
https://ishziyentgamingforum.forumotion.net
Vicious Potted Plant
Admin
Admin
Vicious Potted Plant

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer   Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 7:30 am

Look? Like, graphics? I'd say it looks pretty great and really couldn't be improved any farther. Maybe stuff like feathers on masks and clothes could use some work, but I'm willing to not be picky xD
Back to top Go down
LeonOmoshi
Leon Admin
Leon Admin
LeonOmoshi

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer   Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:35 pm

cool gata check it out
Back to top Go down
https://ishziyentgamingforum.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer   Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer Empty

Back to top Go down

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IshZiy Ent. gaming forum :: Computer Gaming :: All-
Jump to: